FROM OUR LEADER,
Welcome to our website, I thought I’d say a few words about who we are and what our organisation is trying to achieve in Scotland.
Andescot is a Voluntary organisation working with Black and minority ethnic (BME) groups in Glasgow and throughout Scotland. We started off as a cultural association promoting cultural identity and community integration between people of different ethnic backgrounds in Glasgow. We also provide a platform via our events for people and groups of different culture and backgrounds to positively exchange and interact with a view to create better cohesion within our local communities. Our organisation grew over the years and recognised the need to widen our objectives and to embrace all BME groups in Scotland and local Scottish community groups..
Amongst others, we work:
- To promote community cohesion, integration and the respect for the rule of law in Glasgow and throughout Scotland
- To promote the advancement of Education within BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) and wider community.
- To prevent or relieve poverty through gifts and donations to disadvantaged communities of deprived areas of Cameroon – Africa.
- To raise the profile of BME communities and encourage cross learning between Scottish and African communities.
- To organise learning and exchange programmes in order to empower different communities with different cultures to get together and learn from each other.
We organise and promote activities with the sole purpose of providing public benefit and improving local communities in Glasgow and throughout Scotland.
As part of our new strategy, we now actively work with / and encourage Scottish communities to engage with our members in a drive to help promote their integration. We do so by organising and promoting various events, meetings, seminars throughout the year. Based on feedback received from events organised so far, we now place a greater emphasis on fun based activities as well as cultural and sporting activities. We use these as a cultural exchange hub where various communities meet and interact.
We are constantly improving and reviewing our range of activities adapting to changes within our communities. There are many exciting upcoming events within our new calendar and our website will be updated in due course. You will find photos of some our most successful events within the media section of our website.
Finally I encourage anyone who values the benefits of having dynamic, vibrant and multicultural communities throughout Scotland to come and join us.
Mr Jean Ngonga Ngambet – Andescot President